We are

Monday, July 2, 2018

What is salabrasion and what are the risks for scarring when used as a tattoo removal method?

Salabrasion
The technique is similar to microdermabrasion, however granular salt and water are used instead of a diamond wheel or an abrasive brush.

In-clinic professionals blast a salt and water mix onto the skin. 

People also achieve salabrasion at home by using salt and a sponge. 

Salabrasion strips away the outer layers of skin. The technique is repeated every few days until the scarred tissue sloughs off, supposedly leaving healthy tissue underneath.  Salabrasion, like dermabrasion, is incredibly painful and as such professionals use robust local anaesthesia when performing treatment in a clinical situation.







Like dermabrasion, there is a substantially elevated risk of scarring and infection, compared with other tattoo removal methods, due to the stripping away of the dermis and part of the epidermis, which forms the body’s protective cover. 

Like microdermabrasion, this technique is not recommended for people who may be prone to abnormal scarring because most people scar as a result of this procedure.


Again, this is not a preferred removal method among professionals in the tattoo removal industry. We do not recommend this technique if you are worried about scarring.

At City Tattoo Removal we use only state of art laser technology to safely and effectively remove your unwanted ink. This risk of scarring from this procedure is minimal.


Images courtesy of:
http://naturaltattooremovalinfo.blogspot.com/2013/03/chemical-peels-tattoo-removal-before.html


Read further on our blog to check out several methods of tattoo removal and their risks for scarring.

5 comments:

  1. I did this procedure on my left forearm and was amazed at the outcome and speed of healing. It took about 3weeks with regular daily care and cleaning. It only took about 20mins of rigorous scrubbing to get down to the ink. And was only moderately painful. The real pain was when I changed dressing,everytime I took the gauze off it was like ripping the scab off and hurt. I learned to soak the dryed dressing off after soaking it in water to reduce the pain. Over all I was satisfied at how the tattoo is virtually gone. It is red with scar but I expect it to fade over the next 6 to 12 months. I used polysporin and tea tree oil to prevent infection. I thought it was infected after a week but it got better with garlic paste and tea tree oil as well as the polysporin.
    It is do able if you are willing to put up with pain and regular dressing change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing! Did ur scar heal?

      Delete
    2. I'm going to try this procedure out myself but hoping it doesn't leave a scar.

      Delete
    3. I've been wanting to try this but I'm scared of scarring and my tattoo is very small on my wrist how would I do this?

      Delete

Vitamin D: What, if any relevance does it have with Laser Tattoo Removal procedures?

Vitamin D: What, if any relevance does it have with Laser Tattoo Removal procedures? Introduction Skin health and immun...